Monday, September 10, 2012

Standing up and being heard

I read with dismay that a lot of feminist atheist bloggers have been getting increasingly numerous comments that are nasty and malicious and not adding anything to the conversation at hand.  They have devolved into rape and death threats and reveal a surprising amount of misogyny.

Because of these threats and the fear that they have caused, I decided to create this blog so I can speak my mind on feminist and atheist issues that I am not always free to express in real life.

Yes, I am still anonymous, but I show up in support of my fellow women nonetheless.  Over time, I hope I develop the bravery and strength to reveal myself and stand unwavering in my convictions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Please be respectful. I like a lively debate as much as anyone, but threatening behavior, not so much. Any threatening or otherwise abusive comments will be deleted.